National Service Scheme
Ragging constitutes one or more of any of the following acts:
1. NSS shall work for the benefits of the whole society.
2. Aimed at developing student's personality through community service.
3. Motto of NSS "Not Me But You", reflects upholds the need for self-less service.
1. Understand the community in which they work.
2. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving.
3. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
4. Utilise their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems .
5. Develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
6. Practise national integration and social harmony.
7. Plastic free zone.
8. Plantation of trees for soil conservation.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Program officer is expected to inspire student youth to understand the value of NSS. The overall function of Program officer is to help the students to plan, implement, and evaluate the activities of NSS under his charge and give proper guidance and directions to the student volunteers.
1. Identify needs, problems and resources of the community.
2. Plan programs and carry out the plan.
3. Relate learning experience towards finding solutions to the problem identified.
4. Record the activities in the work diary systematically and assess the progress periodically and effect changes as and when needed.
NSS STAFF TEAM
Sl. No. Name Designation Contact Number 1) Prof.Rahul R Bannur Civil 953809517 2) Prof.Anand Potdar Mechanical 8123860639 3) Prof. Vinayak Honnungar Mechanical 8123860639 4) Prof.Shrivatsav E&E 7022805617 5) Prof. Shaheen M CS 9742771004 6) Prof.Akshata Solasi BS 8792526848 7) Mr.Iranna G Library 7899258419