Women Empowerment committee
In consideration of the welfare of women, S. G. Balekundri Institute of Technology, Belagavi established the Women Empowerment Cell in the year 2008 to empower women and to create awareness of women’s rights.
About 45% of the faculty members are women and 60% of the students are women in the institution.
The Women Empowerment Cell of SGBIT aims at, to provide a platform to explore their hidden talents and empower women
1. To create an awareness on gender equality
2. To motivate the women to be self-sufficient.
Scope of WEC
With a view to take up women’s issues and problems , the cell aims at creating awareness of their rights and duties. It also provides a platform for women to share their experiences and views regarding their status in the society.
Roles and Responsibilities of Staff Coordinators
1. To periodically organize guest lectures in the concerned area such as health, legal, career and social aspects.
2. To monitor and council girl students of their department in the case of requirement.
3. To advice and support any girl student if faced by any specific problem.
4. To conduct competitions such as presentstions, elocution, debate and painting to encourage girl student to express their ideas.
Roles and Responsibilities of Student Coordinators
1. To spred the objectives of WEC among the girl students.
2. To participate actively in the events and competitions organized by the cell and encourage other girl students to participate.
3. To organize enthusiastically the events of WEC under the guidance of the cell.
4. To interact regularly with the girl students of the class.
5. To bring to the notice of the faculty representative of their respective department, if any gender specific issue arises among the girl students.
The Department Co-ordinators of various departments are appointed as WEC coordinator for the academic year 2019-20 and their names are given below.
Sl.NO Co-ordinators Designation CONTACT NO Email ID 1) Prof. Suvarna Karki Coordinator 8139902662 email@example.com 2) Prof. Manjula Biradar Member 9739461859 firstname.lastname@example.org 3) Prof. Jaya Pattanshetti Member 8884050211 email@example.com 4) Prof. Shilpa Mayannavar Member 8431478910 firstname.lastname@example.org 5) Prof. Akshata Solasi Member 8792526848 email@example.com 6) Prof. Shweta Vantmuri Member 8884324818 firstname.lastname@example.org