The NSS is part of our academic, social and personal life as it is the third dimension of education. It allows the students to actively contribute their services for the cause of community and the nation, thus helping them develop their personality. Service and attain the traits of a leader of the nation. As such the NSS is the right platform, where the student- youth of the nation may get to involve with real –life social activates, and thereby become responsible citizen of India. The programme aims to inculcate social welfare in students, and to provide service to society without bias.
- 1. NSS shall work for the benefits of the whole society.
- 2. Aimed at developing student's personality through community service
- 3. Motto of NSS "Not Me but You", reflects upholds the need for self-less service.
Objectives of National Service Scheme:
The objective of the National Service Scheme is “development of the personality of students through community service”. This objective is sought to be achieved by enabling the students to work in community. NSS volunteers work to ensure that everyone who is needy gets help to enhance their standard of living and lead a life of dignity. In doing so, volunteers learn from people in villages how to lead a good life despite a scarcity of resources. It also provides help in natural and man-made disasters by providing food, clothing and first aid to the disaster victims.
Hence understand the community in which they work. Understand themselves in relation to their community. Identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem-solving. Develop among themselves a sense of social and civic responsibility.
The main objectives of National Service Scheme (NSS) are:
- 1. To enable the students to understand the community in which they work.
- 2. To understand themselves in relation to their community.
- 3. To identify the needs and problems of the community and involve them in problem solving process.
- 4. To utilize their knowledge in finding practical solutions to individual and community problems.
- 5. To develop competence required for group-living and sharing of responsibilities.
- 6. To Gain skills in mobilizing community participation.
- 7. To acquire leadership qualities and democratic attitude.
- 8. To develop capacity to meet
- 9. Emergencies and national disasters.
- 10. Plastic free zone.
- 11. Plantation of trees for soil conservation.
- 12. Practise national integration and social harmony.
The Program officer is expected to inspire student youth to understand the value of NSS. The overall function of Program officer is to help the students to plan, implement, and evaluate the activities of NSS under his charge and give proper guidance and directions to the student volunteers.
NSS volunteers Identify needs, problems and resources of the community.
Plan programs and carry out the plan.
Relate learning experience towards finding solutions to the problem identified.
Record the activities in the work diary systematically and assess the progress periodically and effect changes as and when needed.
For Beautification of Campus
- 1. Composting units.
- 2. Segregation of SOLID WASTE.
- 3. Pollution monitoring unit with display.
- 4. Plantation of plants.
- 5. Rain water harvesting.
- 6. Plastic free Campus.
- 7. Expansion of Lawns
Under the National Service Scheme (NSS) Every Year the generally various events are being taken up
|24th||NSS Day Online|
|30th||Swachh Bharat Abhiyan|
|Blood Donation Camp|
|19th – 29th||Plastic awareness|
|March||21st||International Day of forest|
|March||22nd||World water day|
|May||This Date will be finalizing in consulting the doctor||Health Check-up camp|
|June||5th||World Environment Day|
|21st||International Yoga Day|
NSS STAFF TEAM
|SL.No||Name of the Cell||Coordinators||Disignation||Department||Contact Number||Email ID|
|3.||Prof. Promod Sirguppi||Member||Mech.||email@example.com|
|7.||Prof.Shailaja Mali||Member||Basic Sciencefirstname.lastname@example.org|
NSS STUDENTS TEAM
|SL.No||Department||Student-coordinators||Contact Number||Email ID|