The Indian Red Cross's programmes are grouped into four main core areas: Promoting humanitarian principles and values; Disaster response; Disaster preparedness; and Health and Care in the Community.
The Red Cross is an international organization that helps people who are suffering, for example as a result of war, floods, or disease.
The objectives of a youth Red Cross of an institution may vary depending on the institution and the region in which it is located. The following are the objectives of a youth Red Cross association of the institution:
1. Promoting health and wellness: Encouraging healthy habits and educating students about disease prevention, first aid, and emergency response.
2. Community service and Leadership development: Encouraging students, to participate in community service activities such as volunteering at hospitals and blood drives, leadership development activities such as environmental awareness campaigns, disaster relief activities, environmental awareness campaigns, fundraising and cultural exchange programmes etc.
3. Collaboration and teamwork: Encouraging collaboration and teamwork among members to achieve common goals.
4. Lifelong learning: Providing opportunities for members to continue learning and growing through workshops, seminars, and other educational programs.
|Dr. Karuna C. Gull
|Mrs. Soumya H
|Electronics & Communication
|Mrs. Suvarna Karki
|Electrical & Electronics
|Mrs. S.C. Mali
|Mrs. Arpita Patil
|Mr. Shubham Reddy
|Ms. Sakshi Chitnis
|Mr. Yogesh Jangam
|Electronics and Communication
1. Blood Donation Camp
Under the banner of N.S.S. and Red Cross SGBIT in Association with Blood bank of K.L.E. Dr. Prabhakar Kore Hospital and Medical research centre and H.D.F.C Bank , A one day Blood Donation Camp was organized on 27th November 2019.
His Holiness Poojya Dr. Allamaprabhu Mahaswamiji inaugurated the Blood donation camp and emphasized over the importance of blood donation in his ashirvachana.
And Principal Dr. Sidaramappa V. Itti welcomed the gathering and motivated the students to donate blood by describing the relationship between the two streams i.e Medicine and Engineering and their dependence on each other.
The chief guests Dr. S.V. Virgi addressed the gathering about the importance of blood donation and explains abut the advancement of the technology and research in blood donation. He also stated about that students play a vital role in such blood donation camps.
The event was able to collect 60 units of blood. The event was hosted by Mr. Cijin Thomas Cheriyan a student of Mechanical Department.
2. Red Cross Day
Red cross day was celebrated on 8th May 2020, As it was to be conducted during lockdown period, the following poster was posted in social media and whatsapp groups.
3. COVID 19 Awareness Quiz
Red Cross with SGBIT social media conducted online quiz “COVID 19 Awareness quiz” 12 multipule choice question were uploaded, in which e-certificate were distribured for more than 2000 participants.
Link for the quiz is as below:
Following Certificates were distributed to the participants.
4. Distribution of Masks and Sanitizers
Distribution of mask and sanitizers received from BJP head office was carried out in the presence of Civil Department HOD and NSS Co-ordinator on 20th May 2020 in association with Red Cross to the sweepers of SGBIT.
5. Webinar on “Personality Development”
NSS cell and Red Cross Cell has organised a Webinar on “Personality Development” scheduled on 22ndMay at 7:00pm. The Keynote speaker being Mr. Anil G P, Senior Manger- Foreign Exchange, Corporation bank- Pune. Altogether 146 participants have registered for the event.
6. Students Involvement during Lockdown
Tejaswini Kittur of 8th sem Civil Department donating food grains to Class D workers and Asha Workers and also greeted them by showering flowers at district hospital Vijayapura on 9th May 2020.
K.R.Mayan 6th sem student distributing food, water bottles and juice to the people travelling by pathway from one place to another due to complete lockdown at Hospet.
7. Health Care
Dr. Prasad Deshpande, senior regional head and diabetes reversal expert, gave an orientation talk on " Health Care " on 6th August 2022 for the benefit of staff and students of the Institution. Doctor explained the importance of controlling food habits, and the body exercises as a part of daily routine , in preventing and controlling the diseases. He explained the necessity of awareness about the heart diseases as the life style disturbance along with the unavoidable hereditary nature of diseases have increased the risk of heart failure at an younger age
8. Rangoli competition (Nimda Sandesha) and Best out of waste
The Rangoli competition (Nimda Sandesha) and Best out of waste were held on 22nd October,2022 in association with Rotary club and Red Cross of SGBIT, Belagavi. Dr. Vijay Pujar is a pediatric surgeon, Rtn. Anil Bagi and Rtn. Vilas Badami Industrialist, judged the events. The Rangoli competition was arranged with the motive of giving the social message to society through the art of Rangoli by students. This makes the students to understand the problems of the society and make the valuable message to make aware people around them. Thus, it inculcates the human values among the students as well as the prosperity of society’s well beingness.
9. Spread awareness about climate change and its detrimental impacts on humans
To spread awareness about climate change and its detrimental impacts on humans, our Rotaract club of S.G.B.I.T joined with Red Cross club of S.G.B.I.T and organized a highly auspicious tree planting event. This tree-planting event had Rtn. Mohammad Amir Baig the President-rotaract, Mr. Shubham Reddy president-Redcross, as the honorees, and it got underway at 6:00 in the morning. 50 different plants were inserted into the Military training center, Camp and the area surrounding the place to promote the preservation of trees.
1. VTU e-learning Resource Center - http://nptel.vtu.ac.in/econtent/
2. NPTEL- https://nptel.ac.in/resources.html
3. NPTEL Online Videos, Courses, IIT Video Lectures - http://www.nptelvideos.in/
4. Swayam -Free Online Education - https://swayam.gov.in/NPTEL
5. MITOPEN COURSEWARE - https://ocw.mit.edu/index.htm
6. Virtual Labs: An Initiative of Ministry of Human Resource Development under the National Mission on Education through ICT - http://www.vlab.co.in/broad-area-electronics-and-communications
7. IIT Bombay Virtual Lab- http://vlabs.iitb.ac.in/vlab/
8. Amrita Vishwa Vidyapeetham Virtual Lab – https://vlab.amrita.edu/
9. IIT Kanpur- Virtual Labs - https://www.iitk.ac.in/mimt_lab/vlab/index.php